Social distancing, masks to reduce aerosols, hand washing and sanitizing will reduce the risk of infection
• To maintain the appropriate social distance of 6', we will only be using every 3rd pew for service seating. If needed, we will also use 1 pew in the transept behind the organ console and set up chairs in the narthex.
• Every person attending will be required to wear a mask when in the building, except when receiving the elements in the Lord’s Supper. This is in NO way a political statement! It is based on what we have been told by Dr. Gentry, a virus expert. If you do not have a mask, we will have them available.
• You will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entry and before exiting. It will be provided. We also ask you to thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds after using the restroom. Gloves are not necessary.
• The Lord’s Supper will be celebrated in each service.
- Worshipers will NOT come forward to the chancel rail during the distribution.
- Rather, the elder, an assistant, and I will bring the Communion elements to you where you are seated in the pews.
- The wafers will be distributed in individual paper cups and the wine in small plastic cups. We will collect the used cups for disposal.
• As to service styles, generally if the service is on Saturday night, it will be traditional in form. Generally if the service is on Sunday morning, it will be contemporary in form.
• The offering plates will NOT be passed. Rather, you will have the opportunity to deposit your offering in a basket as you enter or leave the worship area.
Thank you for your prayerful consideration of the health of all who worship with us