We are again partnering with Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran and several other churches to collect School Supplies for the 2020-2021 School Year for Monroe School and also for Mount Olive students.
One-page flyer can be viewed and/or printed from this link
Monroe School is a Des Moines Elementary School with 80% of the population of diverse ethnicity. 100% of the students qualify for free/reduced lunches. Approximately 500 students attend Monroe with 100 teachers and support staff.
How can you help?
- Become a partner.Purchase school supplies and deliver them to Mount Olive.(List of needs on the back)
- Make a financial donation for purchasing supplies.Make checks or donations to Mount Olive Lutheran designating Backpack Blessing.
- Volunteer your time.Check with (Becky Shoeman, from Mount Olive, Marilyn Shults from Shepherd of the Valley) for ways and times to volunteer.
- Pray for the students, families, staff, and volunteers at Monroe School and at Mount Olive Lutheran School.
Organized by the Mount Olive Lutheran Nurture Team
We support this endeavor which was initiated by
Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church in West Des Moines.
Becky Shoeman chairperson: 515-783-8846, Church Phone 515-277-8349
Needed School Supplies – Bring by August 16, 2020
- ***Encouragement notes for the children
- Expo-Dry Erase Markers (fat/skinny)
- Face Masks (small size for K-Grade 2)
- Face Masks (adult size for Gr 3-5)
- Glue sticks
- Index Cards
- Kleenex boxes
- Paper (Wide Rule)
- Post-It Notes
- Tape (any type)
- Sanitizer bottles (large gallon size)
- Sanitizer bottles (small)
- Scissors (large adult sized)
- Spiral Notebooks (wide line)
Please place your items in the designated donation basket.
***When you complete encouragement cards for the children, mail them in the Nurture Team Mail slot. Leave the envelopes unsealed and do not include spiritual references. You may sign the cards: From a friend at Mount Olive Lutheran Church and School, Des Moines, IA.
Mount Olive Family, Thank you for supporting this project to help children.
Update: there will be a Prayer Walk at Monroe Elementary on Wed., August 19 at 6:30 PM.
See all the details in the Calendar entry. Be sure to wear a mask for safety.
There will also be a Prayer Walk at Mount Olive Lutheran School - date and time to be announced.