Olive Branch Online
Our vision: Living Christ's Love Through ACTION
Welcome to Mount Olive!
Whether you are a member of our church, our school community, or are a visitor, we are honored to welcome you and pray that your time on our website will encourage and strengthen your relationship with Jesus. If we can serve you in any way, please let us know through our Contact page.
News and events
Upcoming congregational activities (these are also in our online Calendar):
Mount Olive "Virtual" Congregational Meeting Results - a letter from our congregation's president, Paul Brown, 6/10/20
Thank you all for attending the Mount Olive Virtual Congregational meeting.
The Virtual Congregational Meeting was very successful and I was pleased with all of the responses to the budget and the elections ballot.
There were a total of 60 votes cast. All members who voted were in favor of the budget as proposed and the ballot of candidates as presented. There were no objections.
The ACTION Board met June 9th, reviewed the results, and motion was made that the congregation be advised of the voting results. The motion was seconded and carried unanimously. The proposed budget for 2020/2021 has been approved and both Joni Klawitter, Adore Chair and Greg Scheiwe, Head Elder have been voted into their new roles. Congratulations to both of them and I look forward to their continued commitment to Mount Olive.
That said, we are still on our the lookout for candidates to fill the roles that remain open. If you are interested in being of service let me know and I would be more than happy to discuss. I can be reached at 515-249-8405
This has been a cumbersome process, but I could not have done it without all of you and for that we give praise and thanks to God, our Heavenly Father.
Stay Safe and I can’t wait to see you all in person!
Prayer Requests: see the latest list of requested prayers
Worship: For information on the various ways to connect to our weekly worship service, please see this news article
Please contact Pastor Mark Kleckner for any and all spiritual needs. If you have prayer requests, please send them to Pastor Mark. You may email them to him at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also text them to him on his cell phone at 515-721-4737. If you have need of his pastoral care, call him at ANYTIME on his cell phone number (Yes, even at 3:00am!).
cell phone: 515-721-4737
To join the Mount Olive prayer chain, please contact Lori (515-979-3474 or email@example.com)
Below is a letter from Pastor Mark Kleckner regarding receiving God's gifts during the COVID19 pandemic (with details on our process for drive-through communion - dates are in our online Calendar)
Because many people find the Supper a great comfort especially in times of threat or danger Mt. Olive has decided to offer the Lord’s Supper on a drive through basis. In order to make God’s gifts and benefits available, while at the same time minimizing the risks of inadvertently spreading the coronavirus, we are going to be using the following steps:
1. Please drive into Mt. Olive’s east driveway; follow the cones or any other directions.
2. NO ONE communing will be permitted to get out of their car. Just lower the driver’s window far enough to pass items in.
3. Pastor Mark and any one assisting him will be masked and gloved.
4. Anything that will be passed into a car will have been previously handled only with gloves, not bare hands.
5. When your car enters the parking lot, there will be someone ready to receive any offering that you have brought. This person will only be touching things that are coming out of a car and nothing entering a car.
6. There will be someone who will pass in to you a single use, half page service order which you will keep.
7. Pastor Mark will lead you through the service order through the open window of your car. He will pass in to you the communion wafer(s) in a small disposable cup(s).
8. An elder will pass in to you communion cups with the wine (grape juice will also be available, please ask).
9. Once you have been communed, you will exit the parking lot via the west driveway onto Franklin Avenue
We invite you to come and receive God’s blessings in this way. However, the gifts of God are never a matter of compulsion. If you feel uncomfortable in receiving the Lord’s Supper in this way, that’s okay, and God understands!
Blessings, Pastor Mark