A message from Pastor Mark Kleckner regarding worship during these uncertain times:
Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds has extended the Coronavirus/CoVid-19 restrictions on public gatherings until April 30. Therefore, Mt. Olive Lutheran Church will continue to offer worship services only online until that date or the date when such restrictions are finally lifted by the Governor.
This coming week is Holy Week. Our online recorded services will be available as follows:
• Maundy Thursday - 6:30pm, Th 04/09
• Good Friday - 6:30pm, Fr 04/10
• Easter Sunday - 11:59pm, Sat 04/11
Please note: Once any of our service recordings are posted online they will be available to be viewed or re-viewed at any time thereafter. You needn't watch them exactly at the release time. There are two options to access the recordings. (1) Go the church and school Facebook page @molcsdsm or https://www.facebook.com/molcsdsm/ and look for recent video posts, OR (2) go to https://molcs.org/church/, click on "Sermons and Media" and select the one you want to watch, or follow this LINK to the same location
In the weeks following Easter, the weekend service will be available online as of 5:00pm each Saturday.
There will be an order of service in PDF format posted online at least 3 hours prior to the release time for the service recording. A link to the service order will be found in the news section on the homepage of the church's website. If you have a computer printer, you will be able to print off the service order on regular letter-sized paper.
Important updated information about drive-through communion:
Because many people find the Supper a great comfort especially in times of threat or danger Mt. Olive has decided to offer the Lord’s Supper on a drive through basis at 5:00 pm Saturday, April 4, and 9:00 am Sunday, April 5. In order to make God’s gifts and benefits available, while at the same time minimizing the risks of inadvertently spreading the coronavirus, we are going to be using the following steps:
1. Please drive into Mt. Olive’s east driveway; follow the cones or any other directions.
2. NO ONE communing will be permitted to get out of their car. Just lower the driver’s window far enough to pass items in and out.
3. Pastor Mark and any one assisting him will be masked and gloved.
4. Anything that will be passed into a car will have been previously handled only with gloves, not bare hands.
5. When your car enters the parking lot, Amy Scheiwe will receive any offering that you have brought. She will be touching only things that are coming out of a car and nothing entering a car.
6. Kimberly Kleckner, will pass in to you a single use, half page service order which will not be passed on to anyone in another car
7. Pastor Mark will lead you through the service order with you by way of the open window of your car. He will pass in to you the communion wafer(s) in paper cups.
8. Elder Greg Scheiwe will pass in to you communion cups with the wine (grape juice will also be available, please ask).
9. Kyria Kleckner will have a plastic waste tray into which you can place the used paper and plastic cups. She will not be touching anything that will be passed into your car.
10. Once you have been communed, please exit the parking lot via the west driveway onto Franklin Avenue.
We invite you to come and receive God’s blessings in this way. However, the gifts of God are never a matter of compulsion. If you feel uncomfortable in receiving the Lord’s Supper in this way, that’s okay, and God understands!
If the drive through communion works well, it will also be offered at 6:30pm on Maundy Thursday and at 9:00am on Easter Sunday. In the weeks after Easter, it is the present plan to offer drive through communion each Saturday and Sunday at the regular service times. Drive through communion will be weather dependent. It will not be offered if it is rainy or windy.
If you have prayer requests, please send them to Pastor Mark. You may email them to him at email@example.com. You may also text them to him on his cell phone at 515-721-4737. If you have need of his pastoral care, call him at ANYTIME on his cell phone number (Yes, even at 3:00am!)
Copies of the Portals of Prayer are available in the Little Free Library that is in the front yard at Mount Olive.
God's Blessings to you all!
Pastor Mark Kleckner
See cdc.gov for more information about COVID-19 and the steps you can take to keep yourself and others safe.